· Voicing our opinions
· Always using our text for support
· “I like to use the text to support what I’m saying to make it more in depth”
· “I think you should look into your article more”
· “Use that to kind of synthesize what other people say”
· Citing specific evidence
· Evaluating multiple perspectives
· Integrating multiple text
In the video Ms. Wu says she uses language of the Common Core every day and that it allows her and her students to have a common ground to discuss what English language arts is. Why is this everyday use and common ground important?
While thinking about the Common Core; what other language stands out to you?
How might a teacher adapt this strategy to a different grade level?
Would it be beneficial to identify specific language at each grade level that teachers should purposefully infuse into instruction?
What is the connection between this Common Core language and the writing of objectives?
Supervisor for Secondary Instruction
Port Huron Area School District